This was originally posted on QueueTimes on 9 February 2016. It is being re-posted here to archive the work I have done in case the original website ever shuts down.
Today, Funcom’s The Secret World implemented their re-worked membership benefits. These new benefits include:
- Loyalty rewards based on days purchased
- 30% increase to all Experience earned
- 50% bonus to all Black Bullions gained
- 8-hour Mission cooldowns (down from 18-hours)
- 2 Lockout Timer Reset items every 30 days (resetting all active cooldowns for Missions/Raids/Scenarios)
- 1200 Bonus Points every 30 days ($10 equivalent, valid for 6 months)
- 10% Item Store discount (20% for Grand Masters)
- 20% token capacity increase
- 18-hour Raid lockouts (down from 3-days)
- Free Anima Leaps
So far, players seem overall excited and happy with the membership changes, which previously included just the store discount and bonus points (of two different types). The second type of bonus point, Veteran Points (VP), are being phased out. The Veteran store is still available to those with VP left to spend, but will disappear once that VP has been spent. There is no word, yet, on if items will be reskinned (or not) and released in the Item Store, though Community Manager Andy “Odonoptera” Benditt, has asked players to reach out to him with any questions they may have about the new system.
Feel free to message me if you have questions, too! I wrote this thing, so I hope it's clear. https://t.co/rCL5AWyufq
— Andy B! (@AndyBenditt) January 29, 2016
Funcom also released their Valentine’s Event today, ending on February 23. New bags and items are available at various vendors, including a new mount and pet. Bags purchased through the item store will award Lucky Coins. Two bags may be purchased from a vendor daily throughout the event, but will not provide Lucky Coins upon opening.